For us, responsible consumption and production encompass not only the environmental side of a supply chain but also the social. Hence, we believe this goal includes working towards these other SDGs (3) Good Health and Well-being, (4) Quality Education, (5) Gender Equality, (8) Decent Work and Economic Growth, (9) Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure and (11) Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Belo is committed to 9 different action points:
1) Implementing design strategies for cyclability and to optimise the use of materials.
2) Retraining our artisans in sustainable fashion manufacturing.
3) Focussing on repurposing discarded materials from the automotive and clothing industry to create our accessories.
4) Partnering with a Brazilian supplier that responsibly produces textiles from used plastic bottles and fabric waste (ie. have Bcorp and EU Eco Label certification). This process does not utilise water or chemicals.
5) Providing fair paid work opportunities to marginalised communities.
6) Investing in key charities in the community of our artisans.
7) Providing education on how to repurpose and manage solid waste within the community.
8) Implementing a non - discrimination policy in the workplace where we treat everyone equally despite their age, race, gender, sexual orientation and nationality.
9) Providing healthy work conditions to our workers.